More than 80% of firms responded to a recent Gartner study by stating that their spending on automation will “continue or expand” in 2022. Process automation in business is not new and hence been here for consistent growth in domains. And such businesses are prepared to dramatically improve performance and productivity.
Businesses who invest in a framework linking the traditional automation with AI-based automation to connect a hybrid workforce of human and digital workers will have an advantage over rivals.
Why Process Automation?
Process automation in business is crucial. It works as a stepping stone to digital transformation and to gain more clarity in businesses. The insights that one gains from analyzing an automated process can clearly showcase the gap between traditional business process as is and as it should ideally be. Streamline processes is the great outcome of Process Automation.
In fact, other advantages such as compliance records, standardizing operations and outgrowing customer satisfaction can be evidently witnessed.
Key Problems and Challenges
Factspan worked on solving the problem of process slowdown in a logistics industry by suggesting an automation technology adoption. And here are some of the titbits on how process automation works. The key challenges that we faced are as mentioned below:
- Disparate data sources can enter from various mediums like Automated/ manual emails, AppBox, SFTP, Google Spreadsheet and publishers (Google, Bing, Yahoo).
- To scout out redundant information from the input files.
- Workflow Automation software that’s inadequate to use sometimes.
- Lack of follow-up.
Interested to read more? Check this!
Troubleshooting with Process Automation
We created an automated framework to publish the reports on a daily measure which not only covered overall marketing performance via key metrics across various dimensions but also generated exhaustive email commentary for the leadership team to drive business decisions.
Due to the several APIs available, process automation enables end-to-end processes in a non-disruptive way. Take a look at the below given framework that Factspan adopted for Automation:
- First, flat files will be received via automated emails.
- By using Email Downloader, the data will be downloaded in an RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol).
- Now, will proceed with the Automated Data cleaning via VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) scripts and then, will upload it in PostgreSQL server.
- Straight off to Automate SQL queries for data processing, creating target table, exception handling and QA.
- SQL queries and VBA code refresh, automated email commentary, exception handling and QA.
- Following Scripts to publish the report with automated mail.
Key Results Observed
- Increased Productivity
- Streamlined Communication
- Reduced Time and Costs
- Improved Quality
- Greater Visibility
- More Efficient Task Management
- Improved Operational Stability
- Greater Customer Satisfaction.
Process Automation provides any business with delightful automation experience. Automation also countenances you to remove any risk of human error. All this, of course, affects the company bottom line i.e. higher productivity, thereby leading to higher profits.