Established in 2012, Factspan is a leading pure play analytics company with expertise in converting data into actionable business insights. We provide the expert services that organizations need to establish their own analytics center of excellence. Our dedicated team of data scientists and consultants partner with the clients to provide analytics solutions which organizations need every day to take data driven decisions. Headquartered in Seattle, we also have our office in Bangalore, India. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies in Retail, Financial Services, Insurance, Hospitality and Technology industries. Our Vision is to be the foremost player in the business analytics space.
- He / She will be responsible for driving projects end to end and will act more of individual contributor
- He / She will work on building data marts, data migration, automating scripts on Hadoop ecosystem
- Understanding of google cloud platform is preferred
- The candidate should be able to plan and execute the projects and be able to guide the junior folks in the team
- To be able to drive the communication with internal and external stakeholders
- He / She should be able to think through complex data ingestion logics and should be able to build algorithms in python / R
- MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Hadoop, R/Python
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
- 2 or 2+ years of Big Data Processing technologies such as Spark, Hadoop etc.
- 2 or 2+ years extensive experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python)
- 2 or 2+ years of hands-on experience in implementing data Integration frameworks to ingest terabytes of data in batch and real-time to an analytical environment
- 1 or 1+ years of experience in developing Big data applications in Cloud, preferably AWS or GCP, is highly desirable
- Deep knowledge of Database technologies such as Relational and NoSQL
- Excellent presentation and communication skills